It’s also a time when most of us are charged up and motivated by the challenge ahead.
As we embark on this blogging journey with excitement, It is important to keep our feet on the ground and start off with a plan.
Plan the Journey
Don’t just dive head first, instead, take a moment to iron out where you’re heading – Have a strategy.
However long this may take, at the end you’ll find it to be a good investment.
So for a moment, stop blogging, get off Twitter, turn off emails – disconnect your internet connection if you have to.
Sit down and write down your goals for the year.
It has taken me a couple of days this week to streamline my goals and to have plans in place to execute them.
As a result of this, my current tasks list is close to a hundred so far.
Your goal may be to write 200 posts by the end of the year or to send x amount of tweets per month.
Whatever these goals are, have a plan in place to execute them.
For example, if your goal is to have 50 email subscribers in a given week, a typical plan could involve providing something of value in exchange for your readers’ email addresses like a contest or promotion.
You’ll find that doing this is time well spent. So be sure to;
- Set yourself realistic goals.
- Devise a plan that contains strategies to accomplish these goals.
- Break up your goals into smaller chunks if you have to.
- Make sure they are realistic, measurable, achievable and time bound.
- Do what it takes to achieve your goals.
- Do you have a plan for the journey ahead?
- What approach have you taken?