The WordPress has recently upgraded itself to the latest version of 3.2 which has been enriched with a number of advance features. The latest update of the WordPress version 3.2 has been welcome by almost everyone. It is not just more advanced but is also more users friendly and is greatly enriched with super advanced features. If you go through the changes that have occurred in the completely new avatar of WordPress, you would certainly be impressed. WordPress has not only refined every feature but has also simply made the latest version to rock your world by its sheer awesomeness.
WordPress 3.2 Features
It features a completely new, gorgeous and super cool dashboard that can be considered to be one of the most striking and major changes of the upgrade. The Dashboard has now the option of changing the buttons to plain links, and has dropped the “Change theme” button. The automatic update has been changed with the ‘update now” option and the 1st core update has been made a primary button. The other major highlights include
- A refreshed and redesigned administrative UI.
- The New Default Theme that uses the latest themes called ‘Twenty Eleven’.
- It comes with an all new Full Screen Editor for distraction free writing experience.
- It has an Extended Admin Bar that comes with most useful and necessary links to control the sites.
- Its new requirements include PHP version 5.2.4 or more and MySQL version 5.0.15 or greater.
- It comes with an enhanced browser interface and compatibility and has dropped the IE 6 support and switched to IE 7.
- This new version is much lighter and faster in both browsing and updating the upgrades. There are plenty of more improvements in performances in fields of stream downloading, optimization to WP File systems.
Some of the other user friendly features that have been incorporated include
- You can add a themes sub menu under appearance and can also add view site and dashboard links in the admin bar which also supports edit links for attachments.
- You can also add collapse link to the admin menu.
- It has a new help tab that features text updates.
- You can now validate HTML even in the admin area.
- You can now move the copyright notices to the licence.txt.
- You can also change the Login form styling to match that of the admin.
- You can now comment in bubble styling like in comics.
- You can add the “add new” button to both links and media.
- Various new tools have been incorporated.
- The Multisite feature has been revamped and made more users friendly.
- More themes and plug-in have been incorporated in this edition.
The list goes on and on, and least that can be said is that every feature has added to the richness of this new version of WordPress and made it better.
The WordPress team has worked really hard this time to make the all new WordPress faster and the best ever. The experience of using WordPress 3.2 needs to be first hand, that is, by you, to know the true essence of the upgrades. Once you use it you would experience awesome speed, especially in the dashboard. This version is not just fast and light to use but is a lot more user friendly too and using it has become much easier than ever before. The full screen editor is great to work on for distraction free writing and is great for better concentration. The Extended Admin Bar shows more useful links in the homepage when you log in as the admin. The other feature upgrades are all well timed and very useful, but they are so vast in numbers that they cannot be covered in the short span of this article but in simple terms this new version of WordPress is awesome.