Ever had the urge to quickly push out a blog post?
And straight after doing so, you find yourself going back to make some urgent adjustments.
To some of you who regularly publish, these reminders may not directly apply to you.
Personally, I have had one or two blooper moments, which has led me to keep a mental note of 4 things to do before hitting the publish button.
(1) Set Your Permalink
Permalinks are unique URL that points to your blog post.
Set your permalink to something short, descriptive and search engine friendly.
For this post I have adjusted my permalink to (before-you-publish)
So my URL now reads:
(2) Use Relevant Tags In Your Post.
Picking relevant tags helps to connect related topics together.
(3) Select Appropriate Categories
If a post belongs to a particular category then specify it.
It helps with the overall content organisation of your blog.
(4) Spell Check Your Title.
To avoid embarrassment, double check your post titleS.
By default, title text fields does not spell check your words.
However, there’s a quick hack that can enable spell checks within text fields.
The magic happens within your browser settings
- Simply type about:config into your browser address bar and press enter.
- You should now be prompted with confirmation screen, press OK to continue
- In the filter field, type the value layout.spellcheckDefault
- Once value has been located from list, change parameter value of layout.spellcheckDefault from 1 to 2 (by double-clicking it)
- Close the configuration page
- All Done, Now go ahead and check your text field. It should now underline any spelling mistakes.
Although, I haven’t tried this with other browsers yet? but Google Chrome appears to have acknowledge the change.
Does it work for you?
Do you keep a checklist of things to do before publishing?